We at Don Bosco College of Engineering are redefining the role of the 21st century library, supporting the Institute’s programs of research and study in both innovative and traditional ways. Students, faculty and researchers can tap into a vast array of library resources.Our aim is to create and sustain an evolving information environment that advances learning, research, and innovation at Don Bosco College of Engineering. We are committed to excellence in services, strategies, and systems that promote innovations & preserve knowledge. We are catering with resources in all the fields’ viz. Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Science & Humanities and General.
The current library building has a total area of 220Sq. mts. The library is divided into various sections with a seating capacity for 75 users. The sections are reference, circulation and periodical Section. The library is open on all working days. Our college has progressed and increased the collection over the years and is still updating the services and collection. It is well equipped with Textbook books, Reference books, National & International Journals, E-Journals and E-books. The Library has over 9410 books 1345 titles. The library subscribes to electronic databases such as Springer, Elsevier. 39 Indian & International Journals & Magazines are available to faculty, students and other users. Our institute is also in the process of initiating the book bank facility. B.E. project thesis are also available for reference. Available books can be checked on our intranet using the link http://dbcelibrary/opac/default.aspx.. Guidance and assistance is available from any member of Library staff.
Library will provide maximum access to information to fulfill the intellectual requirements of the users.
The Library mission is to build comprehensive resources, create hospitable physical and virtual environment for users.
Some of our objectives are
- Encourage the use of information resources in the field of engineering sciences at national and international levels.
- To support the educational and research programs of the institute by providing physical access to information.
- Train the users to enable them to make use of the maximum facilities and resources provided by the college.
- Create, update a comprehensive database of library collections and update with latest editions.
- To build up reference section having books by reputed foreign authors.
- To have books in its place so as to save the time of the user