Dr. Neena Panandikar has to her credit Published fourteen research papers in various International Journals, National and International Conferences. Her research paper was selected for presentation at the second International Conference on “Vulnerability and Risk Analysis and management and sixth international symposium on uncertainty Modelling and Analysis” jointly organized by University of Liverpool ,Oxford University and American Society of Civil Engineering(ASCE), Liverpool, U.K. She has to her credit a research paper published in reputed International Elsevier Science Direct Journal.
Her passion for teaching has engaged students to yield high academic scores in the subjects that she has taught in all the years of service and has consistently received appreciation from student’s community and has been awarded “Best Teacher” for two consecutive years.
As a part of Teachers Training program she has attended several short term Courses at various reputed Institutions. She has been a resource person at various Short Term Courses and TE-QIP courses and has also organized training programs & workshops which was Chaired by Dr. J. N. Reddy (Oscar holder of Wyatt Chair, A&M University, Texas) in the year 2008 & 2014 respectively.
As a part of social responsibility, she served as a member and developed curriculum for Rural Health Education Project a joint Project of Agnel Technical Education Complex in association with Algonquin College, Canada sponsored by CIDA (Canadian International Development Agency).She got an opportunity to deliver a session at Algonquin College, Ottawa, Canada. She was appointed as an expert member as a part Affiliation Committee by the Goa University to sanction Post graduate program in Structural Engineering at Goa College of Engineering. She is a life member of ISTE, Association of Structural Engineers and Indian Concrete Institute.
Designation : Principal , Professor
Contact Info :
Don Bosco College Of Engineering,
Fatorda, Margao,Goa- 403 602.
Tel No : (0832) 2741045/2743944
Fax : (0832)2742648
Work Experience :
Research Interest :
- Finite Element Analysis
- Structural Engineering
- Non Linear Static Analysis
- Solid and Fluid Mechanics
Thesis Supervised :
- Design and Development of axial and mixed flow transformer oil pumps 2008-09
- Finite Element Formulation of Incompressible Laminar Flow and Fabrication of Test Rig for evaluating Minor losses in pipes , 2010-11
- “Automated Industrial Fish gutting Machine for canning industry” 2011-12.
- “Design & Fabrication of Pneumatic Can Crushing Machine” 2012-13
- “Design and Fabrication of Submersible pump for pumping sanitary waste” 2013-14
- “Design and Fabrication of a Shearing Machine, for glass fibre sleeves, used for insulation” 2013-14.
- “Design and Fabrication of Stair Lift” 2015-16
- “Stochastic Analysis to assess the performance of Pelton wheel turbine Test Rig” 2015-16
- “Vibrational Analysis of simply supported beam using Finite Element Analysis” 2015-16.
Seminars\Workshops\Talks\STTP Attended :
- “Forensic Engineering & Repair & rehabilitation of structures- 20th August 2001 at Mumbai.
- “Galvanisation of steel in concrete structures” held on 22nd Feb, 2002 in Goa.
- “Earthquake Resistance and Retrofitting of RC Structures at NITK, Surathkal in Jan 2004
- “ Recent Developments in structural Engineering” at MIT Manipal. Sep 2007.
- “Green and Sustainable Concrete” one day workshop, a joint venture by Government of India and British High
Commission organized by Bicholim Polytechnic on 23rd September, 2014.
- “Latest Innovation in Concrete” Two days National Seminar,5-6th Feb,2016 ,organized by ICI Goa Centre
- One week STTP on “Physical Modeling in Engineering” organized by IITB, Mumbai. July 2005
- Two week STTP on “Environmental Impact assessment” organized by IITM, Chennai. Dec 2005
- One week STTP on “Advanced Mechanics of solids and fem” organized by IITM, Chennai. Dec 2005
- One week STTP on “Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering” organized by IIT, Roorkee. May 2006
- One week STTP on “Pro-Engineering using 3D” organized by NITTTR, Goa centre, July 2006
- One week STTP on “Technical Computing” organized by GEC, Farmagudi, Nov 2006
- One week STTP on “FEM in structural Dynamics and earthquake Engg ” organized by IISC, Bangalore,Dec 2006
- One week STTP on “Technical Computing” organized by GEC, Farmagudi, Nov 2006
- Three day workshop on “Recent Developments in structural Engineering”,MIT,Manipal, Sep 2007
- One day workshop on “Finite Element Method & Applications ”,PCCE,Verna, Jan 2008
- Two weeks “Teachers Training Program” at Algonquin College, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada ,Dec 2008
- Two week STTP on “Decision Making Using Statistics” organized by GEC , Farmagudi. June 2011
- One week STTP on “Graph Theory and Algorithm ” organized by PCCE, Verna, June 2011
- One week STTP on “Industrial Automation ” organized by PCCE, Verna, Nov, 2011
- One week STTP on “Improving Quality of Students Project work” organized by NITTTR, Porvorim, Nov, 2012
- One week STTP on “Research Methodology & related open source tools ” organized by K.J.Somaiya Institute of
Engineering,Mumbai, Dec, 2012
- One week STTP on “Statistics: A tool for decision making” organized by PCCE, Verna, Jan, 2015
Seminars\Workshops\Talks Organized :
- Basic course in Finite Element Method , 8-11 Jan, 2008 at PCCE
- A one day Workshop on Finite Element Method and Applications on 12th January, 2008 at PCCE, by Dr. J.N. Reddy (Oscar holder of Wyatt Chair, A&M University,Texas)
- A one day Course on Finite Element Method by Dr. J.N. Reddy (Oscar holder of Wyatt Chair, A&M University Texas) on 10th January, 2014 at PCCE
- Organised a guest lecture at PCCE on the topic “System characteristics to operate pumps in an
efficient manner by Mr.Abhay Keni, Proprietor , Shanta Pumps.
Conferences Attended :
- Neena Panandikar (2003) “Review of repairs and rehabilitation of concrete structures” at International conference organized by Kumaraguru College of Engineering of Technology, Tamil Nadu.
- Neena Panandikar (2006) “ Environmental Impact assessment” at National conference organized by Bits-Pilani.
- Neena Panandikar (2006) “ Repairs and rehabilitation of structures in Distress” at National Conference on concrete technology for the future organized by Kongu Engineering College, Tamil Nadu.
- Neena Panandikar(2006) “ General review of composite bridge Design” at National Conference on Advances in Bridge Engineering , organized by IIT Roorkee
- Neena Panandikar(2008) Modal Analysis using FEM” at third CUSAT conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering, cochin University of science and technology, Kerala.
- Neena Panandikar and Shekhar Panandikar(2009)“ Effective use of building materials for Sustainable Development organized by International association for Bridge and structural Engineering , symposium Bangkok.
- Neena Panandikar(Hede) and K.S. Babu Narayan (2013), “Stochastic modelling to investigate uncertainty in pushover Analysis” 2nd International Conference on Modelling and Simulation in Civil Engineering, TKM Kollam,12-14 December 2013, 159-164.
- Neena Panandikar(Hede) and K.S. Babu Narayan (2013), “Effect of variation of plastic hinge length on the results of non-linear analysis” International Conference on Recent Innovations in Civil Engineering, PDA, Gulbarg, 25-27 October2013, 155-160.
- International Conference on Advances in Concrete Technology, materials and construction held on 22-24, June, 2016 organized by Goa College of Engineering in association with University of Bath,U.K
Journal Publication :
- Neena Panandikar(Hede) and K.S. Babu Narayan (2013), “Effect of variation of plastic hinge length on the results of non-linear analysis,” International journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Conference issue Vol. 2, No -01,439-443.
- Neena Panandikar (Hede) and K.S. Babu Narayan (2014), “Stochastic Analysis to assess sensitivity of pushover Analysis to design parameters,” International journal of Innovations in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, No-04, 74-83.
- Neena Panandikar (Hede) and K.S. Babu Narayan (2014), “Assessing Uncertainty of pushover analysis to Geometric modelling,” International journal on Civil and Environmental Engineering, Vol. 3, No-01,1-6.
- Neena Panandikar (Hede) and K.S. Babu Narayan (2014), “Stochastic Analysis to assess uncertainty in pushover Analysis to modelling methods” ASCE-ICVRAM-SUMA, Liverpool U.K, .ASCE Publication, 2014, 1311-1320.
- Neena Panandikar (Hede) and K.S. Babu Narayan (2015), “Sensitivity of Pushover Curve to material and geometric modelling- An Analytical investigation” Structures, Elsevier Publication, 2, 91- 97.
- Tukaram Zore , Saurabh Singh , Sunil Gaonkar , Neena Panandikar(2016) “Modal analysis of a simply supported sandwich beam” International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol 05 Issue: 06 .
Other information :
- Recipient of Best Teacher Award for the year 2001-02 & 2002-03 at Padre Conceicao College of Engineering.
- Presented a Lecture on “Environmental Issues in India” at Algonquin College, Ottawa, Canada.(2008)
- Was one of the Resource Person and delivered lectures at a basic course on Finite Element Method held at PCCE.(2008)
- Was one of the Resource Person and delivered lectures at Short Term Training Program on “ FEM-Theory and Practice” at PCCE
- Principal Investigator of Garbage Management System set up at Agnel Technical Education Complex.
- One of the Organizing member of Aarush 15 and Aarush 16, A National level Industry – Institute Interaction event held in PCCE.
- Member Board of Studies in Civil Engineering Department, Goa University.
- Resource person at the TEQIP course on “Computer aided Engineering Analysis” by Don Bosco College of Engineering in association with SDM college Dharwad, 4th and 5th January, 2016.
- Served as an expert member of the Affiliation Inquiry Committee (AIC) to visit GEC, Goa for the sanctioning of Post graduate program in Structural Engineering.
- Chaired a session at 2-days National seminar on “Latest Innovations in Concrete” organized by Indian Concrete Institute
- Organizing committee member of international conference on advances in concrete technology, materials and construction organized by Goa College of Engineering in association with University of Bath, U.K., June,2016.
- Organizing committee member of National Level Symposium on Material Characterization and Manufacturing, organized by Padre Conceicao College of Engineering in association with Goa University.
- Life member of ISTE, Association of Structural Engineers and Indian Concrete Institute.
- Appointed by Goa Government as one of the three member expert committee to oversee the implementation of the work of “Construction of an Engineered Sanitary Landfill and setting up of an In-vessel process plant technology” at Sonsodo, Margao – Goa, September, 2014.
- Invited as External Expert for recruitment of Contract Faculty in Civil Engineering on 8th January,2016 at Goa College of Engineering, Farmagudi.
- Appointed as a member of the Department Selection Committee of Goa State Pollution Control Board for the post of Junior Civil Engineer, 13th January, 2014.
- Appointed as an Expert-Structural Engineering as a part of the Standing Affiliation Inquiry Committee on 11th Feb, 2016.
- Appointed as member of Affiliation Inquiry Committee for affiliation to M.E. in Structural Engineering program on 16th March, 2016.
Office Hours :